Love Jesus - the Key to Heaven!
Don't go to Hell!
Don't go to Hell!
When you hear about Hell you can do one of four things:
1) Deny the evidence that it exists.
2) Flatter yourself that you will escape it.
3) Joke that you will have a good time down there.
4) Follow God's path of salvation.
What will you do?
LOST SOULS MARCHING TOWARDS THE PRECIPICE OF HELL
When I started doing street witnessing in my home country of New Zealand, I saw that many people refused to open up their hearts to God. I realized that they were blindly walking towards a chasm which would cause them to fall into the fires of Hell. As I watched all these people one evening, trying to get into a crowded nightclub, I could see that they were on the path to destruction, dangling over Hell’s very precipice. They were unconcerned, but I knew that I had to warn these people and lead them to Christ.
As I was sharing this message outside a nightclub a lady said to me, “Why don’t you preach about Heaven? Nobody wants to hear about Hell?” I tried to explain to her that most people are not going to Heaven and unless they truly believe what the Bible says about Hell they will not be very serious in wanting to repent and be changed. People need to know what they have to be saved from.
I preach about Hell because I truly believe that there is a Hell and what you do with Jesus determines how you will stand before Him when He pronounces judgment. The Word of God clearly tells us what the Day of Judgment will be like:
‘Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire’ (Revelation 20:11-15).
REASONS WHY THERE MUST BE A PLACE OF PUNISHMENT FOR SIN
1) There Is A Lake Of Fire – The apostle John was shown visions of the Day of Judgment when the people of all nations are gathered before the Living God. As we have just read in the Scriptures, whoever’s name is not found written in the book of life is thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15).
The place of punishment that awaits those who are not saved is not referred to as a lake of water, or a lake of chocolate, or a non-existent lake. They are thrown into an actual lake of fire.
2) Unbelievers Are Children Of The Devil – A false argument that is often made is that God is filled with so much love that He could never send any of His children to Hell; therefore there is no Hell. That is a half-truth turned into a total error. God is filled with love and because of that love He will send the devil and his demons to an everlasting fire.
Those who reject God are referred to as the children of the devil (John 8:44; Acts 13:10). If you follow the devil you are not going to Heaven. If you are not “born again” by the Spirit if God, you are a child of the evil one, spiritually dead, and an object of God’s wrath (Ephesians 2:1-3).
3) The Insidious Nature Of Evil Leads To Hell – People need to realize how evil and wicked sin really is. The reality of evil is something horrible to behold when you confront it face on. It causes people to steal, kill and destroy, and the nature of sin is to keep doing that unless it is stopped.
People may have embraced a lesser degree of evil and therefore think that they are not so bad, yet their true nature is shown in their refusal to live for Christ (John 15:23-25). This rebellious heart is the cause of people refusing to submit their lives to Him. Those who walk in spiritual darkness are lost souls. Without the light of Christ in your heart you are evil.
4) People Have Rejected The Lord Jesus Christ – The seriousness of rejecting Christ has to be understood. Jesus is the Saviour of the world, the eternal Son of God. He is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His being. He is seated at the right hand of the Majesty in Heaven (Hebrews 1:2-3). Can a person reject Jesus and not go to Hell? The answer is “No!” For many people rejecting Jesus means nothing to them and that is the lie of the devil that we are up against.
5) Unbelievers Will Be Forsaken By God – When Jesus was dying upon the cross, He cried out to His Father in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, who have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46) This loud cry from the lips of Christ really spoke to me about how those who die in their sins will be forsaken by God.
God is holy and His holiness is so majestic that He cannot bear to look upon sin. Jesus took our punishment and those who accept what Christ has done for us are saved. Those who reject what Christ has done take the punishment of sin upon themselves. Unless they have the sacrifice of Christ’s holy blood they will be forever forsaken by God.
6) No Second Chance After The Judgment Is Set – The devil does not have a second chance to be saved and neither will those who are separated from Christ. It is written: ‘And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulphur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever’ (Revelation 20:10).
Unbelievers are going to the same place of eternal punishment and to the same torment as the devil (Matthew 25:41,46). If the devil cannot get out of Hell, what chance will you have if you reject Christ and die in your sins? None! You will be lost forever!
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
There was a time when I was in prayer and I knew that God’s presence was with me in a very strong way. I had the joy of the Lord overwhelming my heart. At the end of that prayer time I looked out the window and saw a man down the road checking over his truck. It seemed to have some fault and it was parked on the side of the road.
I casually said to God, “What are You going to do to save that man from going to Hell?” Surprisingly I then heard God speak to me, clear as can be, straight into my heart. Often we pray without expecting God to reply, yet be assured that God is right there, listening to your prayers.
God responded to the question of the eternal destiny of that man’s soul by saying: “I’ve already sent My Son. What are you going to do?” It was one of the clearest times I had ever heard the voice of our Sovereign Creator and it made me realize afresh that God has done all that was needed to provide the true way of salvation.
Jesus Christ has already hung upon the cross and shed His holy blood once and for all to pay the full penalty for our sins. God has done His part in opening the gates of Heaven and providing salvation for whoever will believe, but now we must do our part. We must take responsibility for our actions. We have to plead with people to be saved from their sins so that they don’t go to a burning Hell.
‘But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This is the second death’ (Revelation 21:8).
TAKE JESUS AS YOUR SAVIOUR!
To follow God’s path of salvation you must repent of your sins and put your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus came from Heaven to show us the way to God. He walked this earth as one of us but He is God in human form (John 1:1,14).
He began His ministry of miracles, but the greatest miracle of all was that He had to die in our place by taking our sins to the cross and then raise Himself from the dead. The good news of salvation is that Jesus has conquered Death and Hell. Jesus is alive forever!
‘For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life’ (John 3:16).